Update (20 September 2023): read INBO's session reports and conference conclusions here!
Update (July 21st 2023) : download the Fes Declaration for an Integrated Water Resources Management!
This year, at the invitation of the Moroccan authorities and in partnership with the Ministry of Equipment and Water of the Kingdom of Morocco, the International Network of Basin Organizations (INBO) and the World Water Council (WWC), the 3rd International Conference on Water and Climate (ICWC 3) was held on 6 and 7 July 2023 in Fez, Morocco.
With the main theme "Basin management, key to adaptation and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals", this 3rd edition of the ICWC will ensure the link between the United Nations Conference on Water (22-24 March 2023) and the COP28 on climate (30 Nov. - 12 December).
State representatives, UN agencies, international organizations, bilateral and multilateral donors, basin organizations (national and transboundary), regional and local authorities and other stakeholders interested in basin management are invited to participate in the event and to share their experiences in the folowing sessions:
- Session 1 Innovation and Technologies for Water Saving
- Session 2 Groundwater Management: Challenges and Prospects
- Session 3 Water Governance: For a Better Intersectoral Coherence
- Session 4 Water Resources Mobilization : How to take into account the real cost of water?
- Session 5 Commitments by and for basins for the implementation of the Water Action Agenda 2030
View or download the speakers' PPT presentations: https://riob.org/fr/documents/presentations-ppt-des-intervenants-la-ciec-3-fes-maroc
Thursday 6th July
8:30-10:00: Welcome of participants
10:00-10:40: Official opening ceremony
Master of Ceremonies: Mr Boucetta, journalist
- Mr Aziz Akhannouch, Head of Government, Kingdom of Morocco
- H.E. Nizar Baraka, Minister of Equipment and Water of the Kingdom of Morocco, INBO Chairman
- Ms Leila Benali, Minister for Energy Transition and Sustainable Development, Kingdom of Morocco
- Mr Mohamed Sadiki, Minister for Agriculture, Maritime Fisheries, Rural Development and Water and Forests, Kingdom of Morocco
- Mr Loïc Fauchon, President, World Water Council (WWC)
10:40-10:50: 10th World Water Forum - Focus on the Basin Segment
- Mr Dadang Rukmana, Senior Advisor to the Minister of Public Works and Housing, Indonesia
10:50-11:00: Signing of the Memorandum of Understanding for a High-Level Political Segment dedicated to Basins - 10th World Water Forum
- H.E. Nizar Baraka, President of the International Network of Basin Organizations (INBO)
- Mr. Loïc Fauchon, President, World Water Council (WWC)
- Mr. Dadang Rukmana, Senior Advisor to the Minister of Public Works and Housing, Indonesia
11:00-12:30: High-level panel: what commitments on water resource management at basin level to accelerate adaptation to climate change and the achievement of the SDGs?
Friday 7th July
16:45-17:45: Official closing ceremony