Monday March 21st, 2.00 pm – 3.30 pm (UTC / Dakar time),
Opening & master of ceremony (5 min)
- Ms. Dani Gaillard-Picher, Global Coordinator - Water & Climate Processes, Global Water Partnership (GWP)
Keynote speaker (10 min)
- Ms. Lis Mullin Bernhardt, Freshwater and Marine Ecosystems, UNEP:
Financing our future A global overview of funding for water management
Panel (25 min (5 min each + 1 min handover between each))
- Mr Jorge Werneck, Director, Regulatory Agency for Water, Energy and Sanitation of the Federal District (ADASA), Brazil:
Funding mechanisms for ensuring water-security and sustainable agricultural practices in water-conflict basins in Brazil
- Mr Moustapha Congo, Permanent Secretary for IWRM, Burkina Faso: Mobilizing financial resources for IWRM from water users in Burkina Faso.
La contribution financière en matière d'eau (CFE)
- Aminata Sokhna Diop (OMVS):
Mécanismes de financement: Programmation conjointe et Cofinancement par La division des Investissements et des Financements Extérieurs
- Mr Marc García, Responsible for the protection of the public water domain of the Júcar Hydrographic Confederation:
Cost recovery of water services and application of the polluter pays principle.
Panel response (5 min)
- Mr. Joel Kolker, Programme Manager, Global Water Security and Sanitation Partnership (GWSP), World Bank: A donor perspective on the panel discussion.
A youth perspective (5 min)
Speaker to be confirmed
Facilitated discussion (35 min)
Questions from the floor, responses from the panel. Facilitated by master of ceremony.
Conclusions and wrap-up (5 min)
- Christophe DEGUENON, Director for Environment and Water Resources, West African Economic and Monetary Union: reflections on funding IWRM from a regional support perspective.