INBO Secretariat is preparing a new "Handbook" dealing with the issue of Water Law Enforcement (regulation of authorizations for abstractions / discharges, controls, procedures, administrative and legal organization, etc.).
This handbook will be added to the collection of "INBO Handbooks", the first of which was published in 2009, and which are all available on INBO website: https://www.inbo-news.org/en/documents / all-handbooks-basins-management.
This publication, like the handbooks produced in 2009, 2012 and 2015 on IWRM in basins, on adaptation to climate change, on Water Information System, on participation or on the restoration of ecosystems, will be based on actual experiences and know-how acquired in countries and basins around the world.
First edited and published in English and French, this handbook will be presented at the 9th World Water Forum in Dakar in March 2021.
This “handbook” is intended to present:
1. The main administrative and legal processes of water law enforcement and its organization at country and basin level, the necessary skills, commissioning and oaths, controls and appeals.
2. Actual examples of the implementation of these procedures around the world.
As for the previous INBO publications, your contributions to this new "Handbook on Water Law Enforcement" are highly welcome and are expected in the form of:
- Texts of 1 or 2 pages maximum (with pictures and / or diagram) on the practice of water law enforcement, indicating to which subchapter (s) the proposed text refers (see. table of contents);
- Boxes of one page maximum with pictures presenting specific information on a topic;
- Case studies or examples illustrating one of the sub-chapters or a theme.
The editorial team will integrate the received elements and keep you informed of developments.
We invite you to send your contributions to this important handbook to Daniel Valensuela, responsible for coordinating the preparation of the document, his e-mail address being: email@example.com
You can also contact him for any clarification needed either by e-mail or by phone: +33 6 10 15 33 98.
The goal is to have a first draft by the end of June 2020.
The drawing up of this handbook with the help of the contributing organizations will be a strong and positive sign given to the water community, with regard to the issue of Water Law Enforcement, the cornerstone of water governance at all levels.