Réseau International des Organismes de Bassin (RIOB)Le site internet de la Gestion par Bassin dans le monde
L'information et l'actualités des Réseaux régionaux
L'information et l'actualités des Réseaux thématiques
Food security and nutrition : Scaling up the global response
The United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and the Second Committee of the General Assembly, in collaboration with FAO, IFAD and WFP, are organizing on 1 November, a special event on food security and nutrition.
Following up on Rio+20, the UN is continuing its efforts to build a future free of hunger, address the underlying causes f food insecurity, and build momentum to scale up the global response. The event aims to promote coordinated international action to address both immediate issues of high food prices and long-term issues of production, trade and consumption of food.
In that context, the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), in collaboration with UN-Rome based agencies invite you to participate in an online global forum, “Building A Future Free of Hunger” (Promo video - http://bit.ly/TtJMsn ) from 17 October to 1 November 2012. The main objective is to mobilize the public-at-large (youth communities, representatives of the private sector, the civil society, and government representatives) so that they can follow the discussions and ask their questions on why, and how the United Nations should deal with food security and nutrition.
It takes only five simple steps to support this campaign :
1. Get the word out to your friends and followers.
2. Visit http://bit.ly/UNfoodhttp://bit.ly/e... on Facebook and/or use #FutureWEwant or #UNFoodSec on Twitter.
3. Participate and ask your friends, and family members to post their questions. Selected questions will be answered live on 1 November.
4. Bring an impact to the campaign by posting the graphic identity, “A Future Free of Hunger” on Facebook (Profile and cover pictures) and on Twitter with a hyperlink to http://www.un.org/en/ecosoc/food http://www.un.org/en/ecosoc/we http://www.un.org/en/ecosoc/we
5. On 1 November, watch live responses to online questions on http://www.un.org/en/ecosoc/food http://www.un.org/en/ecosoc/we ; http://www.un.org/webcast
Toutes les versions de cet article : [English] [français]